It took a whole afternoon just to get working lamps to all the dark corners. Still I'd like to have some chandeliers! There's just no substitute for natural light and that's really in shortage up here. But I scavenged through the rest of the house and found lamps here and there. Mirrors are going to be my friends in this room, just to reflect light!

It seems I'm moving piles of junk from one side of the room to the other - all day long. I've determined that we need some old dressers for storage. I decided that I needed to just pick an area and focus on that one spot. Unfortunately, the sofa didn't need much work. But that didn't stop me from making a new pillow out of that wonderful needlepoint I got at the Red Barn in TX (the pink roseson the left). I'm not happy with the pillow but I'll work on it more later. I've never had such a hard time decorating a space. Those sloping ceilings just throw me.